- 12 oz. penne pasta
- 1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 medium tomatoes (cut in wedges)
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella balls (drained)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Italian season
- dash season salt
- dash pepper
In a large pot, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil (season water with salt (optional).
Boil pasta until tender. Drain and set aside.
In a pot, bring 4 cups of water to a rapid boil; add broccoli florets.
Blanch about 3-4 minutes. Drain.
In a large bowl, combine pasta, broccoli, mozzarella, bell pepper and basil.
In a small bowl, combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, Italian season, season salt and pepper; whisk well.
Pour over pasta mixture; toss well.