We’ve heard it all a thousand times! “I’m bored!” Every kid in America is about to be on summer vacation, and while for some parents, who can afford summer camps and other activities outside of the house to keep their kids busy and happy, others (like me) are forced to get inventive during summer break. Buzzfeed has a list of some pretty cool and cheap ideas to keep the kids smiling and occupied. Here are some of my favorites:
1. Put colored tape on the carpet to make roads for your kid’s toy cars.
15. Have a camp-out indoors.
17. Make alien bubbles with this cool science experiment.
20. Pencil erasers and a marble make a surprisingly addictive at-home bowling game.
21. Well-placed yarn is all you need to let your kids get their Mission Impossible on.
22. Play “Escape the Volcano” to teach kids about color recognition, shape names, counting, and more.
23. Put a bar of soap in the microwave to make soap clouds.
26. Painter’s tape and some balled up newspaper are all you need for this “sticky spiderweb” activity.
27. Turn an old box into an indoor slide.
See the rest of the list here. What are some of your ideas to keep your kids busy?