- 1 lb. hot or mild sausage in the roll
- 1/2 stick margarine
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- dash salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 8 jumbo biscuits (homemade or store bought)
- In a skillet, (do not use a non-stick skillet. You want some of the sausage to stick to the bottom) brown sausage. Drain.
- Set aside cooked sausage in a bowl. There should be some sausage drippings left on the bottom of the skillet.
- Put skillet back on eye of the stove; add butter. Scrap drippings off the bottom of the skillet.
- Add flour. Take skillet off oven eye.
- Coat flour with the butter and skillet drippings. Put skillet back on oven eye.
- Add milk one cup at a time, stirring with a whisk breaking up all lumps.
- Continue to whisk in the rest of the milk until you achieve your desired smooth thickness.
- Add sausage back to the skillet.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Whisk well. Serve over hot biscuits.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter (melted, divided)
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- In a bowl, stir together all 3 ingredients.
- On a floured surface knead for about 30 seconds.
- Pat dough to 1/2 inch thickness; cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 9 minutes.
- Brush tops with remaining melted butter.